Sunday, March 14, 2010

And so it has Begun

Hello Interweb,

Deana here. Just wanted to add to the millions (?) of blogs in the universe.

But why have I created this?

Brought to my attention by the ALA (The American Library Association), 53% of employers conduct background checks through Google and social networking. Solution - create a blog that discusses import issues and show how serious I am about my future and life... or at least shows that I am a person of substance... on the internet...?

OK, I can just write about whatever I want.

So, why mention the ALA? Lets talk about me for a little bit. I'm currently a Masters student at the University at Albany, SUNY in Information Studies (aka library science) in Archiving and Record Administration. I'm digging living in Albany and I'm digging being 22 and on the verge of something greater than myself.

Until and after that threshold is passed, I will enjoy listening to, creating, and performing music, travel when I can, stay connected with my old friends and enjoy making new ones, hate and love being woken up by my apartment's cat every morning, watch many movies, browse the internet all day, and enjoy every day for what it is.
... and that's who I am.

So maybe this will be about music, or movies, or information studies, or my addition pursuit in a history degree. But lets see if I will continue this blog or if it will eventually fade away like my agenda books in grade school every year.

We shall see..

No comments:

Post a Comment